1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having a problem trying to get bootstrap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daino92, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Daino92

Daino92 Member

Hey guys i jusr rooted my D2 fot the first time and after i finched with that i wanted to get a ROM so i could get a theme. Buut every time i try to install bootstrap from the vid that i was watching that showed me how, my computer would save it as a ZIP file not a apk file that i need. and i tried everything to get it to save as a apk and no look. so i was wonderingf if anyone had it and would be willing to give it to me? i would greatly apreceiate it. thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

Have you tried downloading it off the Market?

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

He would appreciate a donation, but if you just don't have it, just get it from his site.
    ↓HERE↓

My Brain Hurts

4. Daino92

Daino92 Member

thanks thron it worked from there, but yesterday it did not. :) thanks a ton for that.

5. Daino92

Daino92 Member

ok i got bootstrap to install but now when i go for Bootstrap recovery it gives me a error message that says failure error running exec().Command: [su, -c,./data/datacom.koushita.droid2.bootstrap/files.surunner.sh]working directory:null Enviroment:null i have no idea what i did wrong.

6. Thornfullessrose

Hmmm.. Seems as if it's having trouble running the commands to install. Maybe you could try and re-install. dont know why you've gotten this error. are you 100% positive you are rooted?

7. Daino92

Daino92 Member

I'm pretty sure im rooted. i have the Superuser Permissions icon in my app drawer. but when i open the superuser permisssions nothing happens. si idk.

8. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

Download a terminal from the market and type the command "su." if the $ changes to a # then your rooted.

9. Daino92

Daino92 Member

Alright now i know for a fact that my phone is rooted and i'm trying to install a rom but my phone will not reboot in to recovery. everytime i hit it it just does nothing at all. any solutions?

10. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

OP, did you do this and did it work?

11. Thornfullessrose

Did you by any chance deny the bootstrap superuser permissions by accident?

12. volsfan1965

volsfan1965 Lurker

I just went ahead and did it from market he deserves it for the work he has done. I should have done that from the beginning

13. jmpx55x

jmpx55x Newbie

Install applanet from your phone then install bootstrap off the market on applanet

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews