1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Having a problem with Samsung Charge network and Juice Defender

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Will_T, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Will_T

Will_T Newbie

May 24, 2011
    I posted a help request on the developers site, but wondered if anyone else has encountered this and how it was solved.

I am using Juice Defender Plus on a Samsung Charge. I have the wifi setting on "enabled" and the following "options" 0n "auto disable". I have location "disabled". What is happening is that when I am at home my phone now uses my home wifi network just fine. However when I leave home and try to use the browser, I get the message "network not available. Please check your network and try again". When I leave the area of wifi coverage, why does JD not allow the phone to just use my Verizon data plan to work the browser? If I turn off JD, all works fine. It is only the browser that does not work. Texting and phone calls work fine.

As an additional note, I really recommend this application as it has really increased my battery life noticeably. I love it and hope to be able to use it successfully.

Advertisement

2. Will_T

Will_T Newbie

May 24, 2011
    Well in the two weeks since my original post I have discovered that this is a problem specifically with Juice Defender and the Samsung Charge. There have been a few suggestions to try but none work. The developers of JD seem to acknowledge the issue, but have not indicated there is any chance of a quick fix. I will continue to monitor their help forums in case they do check in with any progress news, but for now, unless someone has anything else to add, it looks like using JD with a Charge is not that easy.

It is really too bad because, although the Charge battery is not that bad at all, JD does increase time before charge needed for me by at least 50%. Because of this great battery boost, I have tried to use it even with the connection problem. But it is a real pain to have to go through the gyrations to get connectivity for the browser when I am away from a known wifi spot.

3. OHdroid

OHdroid Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Thanks for the post. I love my new Charge, but I was about to throw it out the window,becz it kept losing the 4g signal. Now, I know it was all becz of Juice Defender. Man, I loved that app too. It really came in handy when I had my Evo 4g.

4. ellisz

ellisz Newbie
    None

Nov 25, 2010
    Anyone know if this issue is still there? I would love something to slow the battery drain a little.

5. Will_T

Will_T Newbie

May 24, 2011
    Yes it is still there. And there has been no word from the developers of Juice Defender as to any possible solutions. One poster in another thread said that he installed a leaked Gingerbread to his Charge and JD worked fine with that. I would like to hear from someone else that this is the case. That would at least give us some hope that we will eventually be able to use this great app again. IF there ever is an official Gingerbread for the Charge, that is. More information is in this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-droid-charge/338993-juice-defender-problem-droid-charge.html