1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Having a very serious issue with my phone after updating to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deex, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Deex

Deex Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Hello there, I've been browsing the forums lately to look for anyone who's been having a similar issue in any shape or form, even tried google and I haven't found anything at all so I thought i'd ask if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Just a few weeks ago I managed to instal and use Samsungs Kies successfully to update my phones firmware to the latest version provided by them for my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate I896 and it put me to 2.2.

I'm really happy with all the new features and updates the app's got, but Im having the strangest of issues since updating the phone. Whenever I connect the device to my PC and view the files like I used to, I can't modify or delete or place new files onto the built in SD card.

Even worse, after playing around and trying methods to get it to read it caused my computer (Windows XP SP3 32bit) to crash to a blue screen of death giving me a USB error.

It never did this before, why is it doing this now?

To boot, I can't delete or modify most files on my phone, can't delete those pesky photos of me and my ex and they linger on my phone...They need to get killed, Seriously! Help!

Update : Attempted to do it, it will let me delette in windows but wont let me copy off of it or save new things to it still. The Error im getting is

"Target: The system cannot find the path specified"

Another error i got while looking through the folders, it would randomly stop me and give me :

" F:\DCIM\Music\Threshold is not accessible"
    The Parameter is incorrect.

Advertisement