1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Having different wallpapers on each launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gawriele, Sep 20, 2011.

1. gawriele

gawriele Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Im using GO and Sense on my Desire HD now. Tried ADW, Crazy Home, 7 and Pro. Anyway, I cant figure out how to keep different wallpapers on each launcher. I change it on one and they all change... Anybody?

Advertisement

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    greetings gawriele,

Unfortunately, the wallpaper settings is system based. The launchers kind of sit on top, they are just front-ends.

I don't think there is a way to have the wallpaper change based on which launcher you use...well the app, Tasker, it's supposed to be a pretty powerful program. It allows you to control most aspects of your phone. I can't say for sure, because I've never used it. You can look into that.

The only semi automated way I can think of doing something like this, is to use the app. Multipicture live wallpaper. This app will allow you to have a different wallpaper, but your will have to do a little work each time you change launchers.

1. Make a folder..something like Launcher Wallpapers.

2. Inside this folder, make separate folders named after the launchers.

3. Place the wallpapers you want associated with each launcher in their proper folder.

4. In the settings for multipicture live wallpaper, can choose the folder for the app to use.

This is a cobbled together approach to what you want. It's not hands free, which I suspect you desire. The benefit to this though, is Multipicture will not only allow you a fast selection of your wallpaper, you can have a separate wallpaper for every home screen if want.

3. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    You can change your lockscreen wallpaper, but not the different slides in the home pages.

4. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    If your referring to having a different wallpaper per home screen in Multipicture live wallpaper , I can attest to the fact that you certainly can. Its the way I have mine set.

Under the configuration settings, select common settings and select picture source. If you set it to gallery or picture folder, Multipicture will automatically assign a different wallpaper to each homescreen.

For even more refined control, select the add individual settings option. It will ask you to pick a homescreen and then you have the same options as in the common settings. You can assign a specific picture or a gallery or folder to that particular home screen.