• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having Issue with Unrevoked2 install

SeaGrizzly

Jun 14, 2010
Hey there guys I posted this in the other tread but it was getting way to long with issues so here goes mine. I got the phone rooted and have had it that way for a week or so. Wifi tether works great and I have not done anything else with it other than that.

Here is my situation, I boot up the phone hook it to usb and it shows that its setup as HTC sync, I have uninstalled HTC sync from the computer I am using. I load the driver and it says its under Android Phone, then its called Android Composite ADB Device, I launch the EVO2 and it reboots then says everything is going great until after settling system when the phone is booting back into normal mode. Right after it does the preparing SD I get an error in EVO2 that is "Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted, try again".

What could I be missing?

The recovery console looks just like it did before, got a small phone icon with a triangle and an exclamation mark.

Still the same issue after a reboot as well. I just see the pushing recovery thing fly by with it going to a reboot right away. This is really frustrating because its suppose to be easy and I don't think I am an idiot, should I try a factory reset or something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones