1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having issues receiving pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pisano772, Jan 13, 2019.

1. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

Hi, my wife and I both own galaxy s8+ phones. For some reason she has problems with sending me pictures but can send everyone else pictures. Sometimes it goes through to me and sometimes it doesn't. Also I have been receiving pics that are distorted also. Is there a was I can fix this? I'm really trying to like the Android but it is having so many issues.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

How are they being sent?

3. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

Tried on both wifi and regular cell service, 4g lte

4. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

If she keeps trying and trying it will eventually go through but sometimes the picture will come out like this

Attached Files:

5. Dannydet

Are you using the default messaging app to send?
    You can always install a different messaging app from the play store.
    Textra works great for me.

6. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

Yeah I am. Only reason I am is because I heard only the default will work with RCS messaging

7. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

Yeah I am. Only reason I am is because I heard only the default will work with RCS messaging

8. Dannydet

You and your wife can both install textra and see if it works. There's nothing to lose and you can always uninstall textra without messing things up.
    I'd give it a shot and see...

mikedt likes this.
  9. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

I don't want to use a different program to just text my wife, it's ridiculous. I can not wait to get rid of the Android. The whole messaging system is an absolute joke.

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What are actually using to send pictures? Is it standard MMS(Multimedia Message Service) which is provided by your carrier, or something else?

Dannydet likes this.
  11. pisano772

pisano772 Lurker

I'm assuming it's the MMS. But I do know the recent update on our phones enabled Chat. Which is RCS messaging.

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Rich Communication Services. I've read about it, but I believe it needs to be supported by the carrier network as well as the phone. Which my phone doesn't, and my carrier, China Unicom doesn't support RCS either yet AFAIK. If I wish to send pictures, I'd occasionally use MMS, or as just about everyone I know uses WeChat.

13. Dannydet

So go into the settings for MMS and tweak it until it works

14. HowardHodges

HowardHodges Lurker

Sorry to hear that. I have a Galaxy S8, but the pictures are sent without any problems. Did you try to reboot it?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews