1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having Issues Returning to 2.2~Frustrated~Stuck on M Screen~

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WarJunkies, May 15, 2011.

1. WarJunkies

WarJunkies Lurker

Alright here's the story, and I am a super noob at this by the way. My roommate had a friend come into town yesterday and offered to "update my phone, upgrade me from 2.2 to 2.3, and make it twice as fast". He didn't. Then he left.

He used z4 root, SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf, and RSDlite. First my settings were gone, then I couldn't do certain functions...it would force close almost everything. Then it wouldn't even let me access the dialer, it would say 'application not installed'. I got in contact with him and said I wanted to go back to stock and have a freakin' working phone again and he told me to do this:

Turn the phone off, hold the volume down and the camera key, while your still holding them hold the power button. Will say ready for connection/software update. Open RSDlite. Then open the .sbf, click start, wait, the phone will restart and you'll be back to the old software!
    I followed all instructions and when RSDlite asks me to manually restart the phone it just gets stuck at the Motorola screen. I can still access the blue screen but that's it. I have tried battery pulling, turning it on while it's disconnected and connected, trying to run RSDlite about 5 times, etc.

I really just want to get my phone back to a working software and leave it at that, there was nothing wrong with it before!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

if you're trying to get back to 2.2 you need the FULL SBF...not the system only SBF...

3. WarJunkies

WarJunkies Lurker

How do I obtain that? Is there a link or website you can provide/recommend? Thank you.

4. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

try here:
    http://bit.ly/hfp9iY
    This should get you the latest "official SBF" file.
    Run this in RSD lite and you should make you have the moto drivers, sounds like you have them from your description. Keep posting till you get this resolved, there is always help available.

5. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Newbie

I'm having a similar problem... I have been waiting at the boot screen for almost 10 minutes. I'm coming from the apex beta and i'm trying to SBF to back to stock froyo. I just used the sbf file posted above but it doesn't seem to be working.

6. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Newbie

ok I figured it out... i foolishly forgot to do a data and cache wipe before hand, WJ if all else fails give that a try

7. WarJunkies

WarJunkies Lurker

IT WORKED! Thank god. Nobody is ever touching my phone again. Thanks for the help :D

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews