1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

having issues with my evo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kailinlockhart, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Kailinlockhart

im trying to fix the mms on my evo 4g which is flashed to cricket. i cant send or recieve picture messages so im trying to find the mms app that originally came with the flash to cricket which i accidentally deleted on a system restore and reinstall it. can anyone please help with step by step on how to do it? thanks!
    also i need to install cyanogen on my phone which i gave up on because i cant figure it out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Android Enthusiast

Ok first of all cyanogen is a rom so you might want to start with that. Download cyanogenmod and gapps (google apps such as playstore), place it on the root of your sd card, boot into recovery, wipe everything, flash cyanogemod then gapps and reboot. Once your booted up and set up, google cricket mms fix (i would give you the link but I'm on my phone) download it and place it on your sd also, boot back into recovery, flash mms fix and reboot

frenchy714 and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Kailinlockhart

ok if i install cyanogen on my phone will I have to re flash it back to cricket?

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

You shouldn't have to as the ROM does not affect the Radio's you have on the Phone. Those are in a separate area of the phone.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews