1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having problems getting phone to root.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wags1992, Dec 4, 2013.

1. wags1992

wags1992 Well-Known Member

I PERFORMED THIS ROOT PROCEDURE FOR JB.[HOW-TO] Root the Droid Razr or Razr MAXX - Droid Razr - RootzWiki I FOLLOWED THE ROOT EXACTLY. THEN I INSTALLED SAFE STRAP. WHEN I OPEN SAFE STRAP IT SAYS PHONE NOT ROOTED. I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO FROM HERE. I HAVE TRIED INSTALLING THE ROOT MANY TIMES. I ALSO DO NOT SEE A SUPER USER APP ON MY PHONE.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Since you're just running a script that someone else wrote, not a actually rooting the phone, it's most likely that there's something wrong with the script.

Search

adb root <the model of your phone>

read it to learn what rooting is, and how to do it, then root your phone.

3. wags1992

I used one of the root options in the link you provided. I used the batman one. went though and completed. I think used the install safestrap from the batman utility. Said success. I could not open the app it would say safestrap stopped working. So I unstalled another verison of safestrap and it says phone not rooted. Seems like no matter what I use it wont root my phone.

4. wags1992

UPDATE: I did a FDR and then tried the root. The phone is now rooted. I also have safestrap installed and says phone is rooted. I hit install recovery. Now I am wanting to install a rom I am not 100% sure how to do that. I want to install this rom How To Install CyanogenMod Android for Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (CDMA) ("spyder") - CyanogenMod. I am following the instructions on the rom installation. I just get confused with the terminalogy. So I am wondering do I download the zip file on my phone or on the computer? It says place rom on sd card using adb? I am not sure what that means? Also will this rom increase my phone speed, if not where do I go to get the kernels to increase the speed?

5. zero66

zero66 Member

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews