• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having problems getting phone to root.

I used one of the root options in the link you provided. I used the batman one. went though and completed. I think used the install safestrap from the batman utility. Said success. I could not open the app it would say safestrap stopped working. So I unstalled another verison of safestrap and it says phone not rooted. Seems like no matter what I use it wont root my phone.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: I did a FDR and then tried the root. The phone is now rooted. I also have safestrap installed and says phone is rooted. I hit install recovery. Now I am wanting to install a rom I am not 100% sure how to do that. I want to install this rom How To Install CyanogenMod Android for Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (CDMA) ("spyder") - CyanogenMod. I am following the instructions on the rom installation. I just get confused with the terminalogy. So I am wondering do I download the zip file on my phone or on the computer? It says place rom on sd card using adb? I am not sure what that means? Also will this rom increase my phone speed, if not where do I go to get the kernels to increase the speed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones