• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having problems rooting my samsung admire!!

bernz508

Oct 25, 2011
Having problems rooting my samsung admire
OK so this my first thread and I REALLY needle some help here..
I rooted my Samsung admire using a zip folder from a thread on this site and it did successfully root my phone but shortly after rooting I had a notification asking to update such binary, once I did that I lost root access HELP PLEASE!!

Having problems rooting my samsung admire
OK so this my first thread and I REALLY needle some help here..
I rooted my Samsung admire using a zip folder from a thread on this site and it did successfully root my phone but shortly after rooting I had a notification asking to update such binary, once I did that I lost root access HELP PLEASE!!

Try downloading the latest Superuser app from the android market and also root checker which will tell you if you still have root access. If you still don't have root access try re rooting it again. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
Try downloading the latest Superuser app from the android market and also root checker which will tell you if you still have root access. If you still don't have root access try re rooting it again. Hope this helps :)

Sounds like he is having trouble granting root rights on his phone, due to complications with superuser.apk's new binary.

check this out:

I updated to 3.0.1 binary and lost root, HELP!

Upvote 0
Sounds like he is having trouble granting root rights on his phone, due to complications with superuser.apk's new binary.

check this out:

I updated to 3.0.1 binary and lost root, HELP!

First, thanks for the help i appreciate it and for the time being imma noob so all/any info is great!
SO.. i went to that link and downloaded all that was offered from the first post and went to root my Admire again with no success. Plus, when i go to recovery mode i do not have the option to install from sd. The only options i have when in recovery mode are only apply to sd card update zip, factory reset, wipe cache, test redbend?
Ive dedicated alot of time trying to get this phone back to root so please help me get this device back to its proper potential lol thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hello all im having the same problems here and im thinking of flashing back to stock except im not quite sure how to do it ... when i run root checker this is the message i get

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.6 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwsr-sr-x root root 22240 2011-10-22 20:58 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
-rwsr-xr-x root root 26264 2010-09-20 15:20 su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your SCH-R720 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

please help and give a step by step if you dont mind
thanks in advance
Dhabs

Upvote 0
Hello all im having the same problems here and im thinking of flashing back to stock except im not quite sure how to do it ... when i run root checker this is the message i get

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.6 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwsr-sr-x root root 22240 2011-10-22 20:58 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
-rwsr-xr-x root root 26264 2010-09-20 15:20 su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your SCH-R720 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

please help and give a step by step if you dont mind
thanks in advance
Dhabs

It is possible to have superuser installed and not have root access.

Re-Run the rooting application. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. Download the drivers, use the USB cable that came with the phone, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones