1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Having Problems with Liberty...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by silentshadow86, Feb 20, 2011.

1. silentshadow86

Well, it might be Liberty, it might not. Basically, since I switched ROMs to Liberty 1.5 from nandroid, I have been experiencing unresponsiveness and reboots every once in a while. For the most part, my phone seems faster and more responsive on Liberty, but sometimes when I try to 'wake' it, it doesn't respond. After trying to click the sleep/wake button a couple of times, it either reboots itself, or I have to do a battery pull. I also notice that sometimes it will crash and reboot while using certain apps like Pandora. This does not happen nearly as often, but its worth mentioning. The sleep/wake issue is my main problem. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Please let me know if it is the ROM so I can try another one. I don't want to switch and have the same problems, it takes too long to restore all of my settings and data...

My phone did reboot itself every once in a while on nandroid too, but it was more after an overload of apps/data was being used, I didn't have the sleep/wake problem.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

tried a clean install of Liberty?

3. silentshadow86

What do you mean? Sorry, I don't switch ROM's very often. When I installed Liberty, I copied the zip to my SD, cleared the everything out of the phone in bootstrap, including cache, then installed the ROM through bootstrap.

Or are you asking if I tried to clear everything and reinstall Liberty?

4. silentshadow86

I think I might try ApeX. If I still have problems then I know its either an app or my phone.

5. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

It could be a bad file/filesystem on your sd card. A lot of people have been having problems with their sd cards lately. One easy way to know is if you are having Gallery problems, does your Gallery app close immediately when you try to open it?

Even if you aren't having Gallery problems, your card could still be the cause of your problems.

6. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

Reboot or freeze up issues - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

silentshadow86 likes this.
  7. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

factory data reset, correct?

and, i was asking if you had done the latter, but I thought you were restoring Liberty.