1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Having problems with my S3?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SomeoneUKnow, Sep 9, 2016.

1. SomeoneUKnow

SomeoneUKnow Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2016
    I've had my S3 for about a year, its a great phone. But lately it's been getting hot on the bottom and my friend suggested it might be the cpu. The battery has also been draining really fast, when I check the battery, it'll say I have 35 minutes left on a 70% charge! Then if I leave it alone and check it again it'll shoot up to an hour, then fall back down. I wondered if it was the battery, and I ordered one today. I don't honestly know if I should just get a new phone or what. I also, dont want to factory reset unless y'all really think I need too, because I have so many pictures on there. My provider is also, Straight Talk.

1. Manufacturer - (I cant find this one.)
    2. Model - SCH-S968C
    3. Software version - (Closest one I see is: ANdroid Verison: 4.1.2)
    4. Specifics of the problem - (Card can read fine for music just cant get any more music on card?)
    5. Specify if the phone is rooted. If you don't know then it probably isn'tn.

Advertisement

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Business
    Cochin
    Hi,
    Run the device in safe mode.
    Check the problem persists.
    If there is no problem in safe mode.
    Uninstall non system apps and,
    Reinstall from google play store.
    Or,
    Uninstall the problematic app.

To activate safe mode.

Press & hold the Power switch and see,
    In the box that opens, touch & hold Power off.
    See the robot> safe mode> Ok. device will restart in safe mode. You'll see the words "Safe mode" in a box at the bottom.

To cancel safe mode.
    Restart the device.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Even though you've only had your S3 for about a year, the S3 model is four years old now. If it still has its original battery it's not surprising if it is starting to fail. A nice feature of the S3 is how easy it is to replace the battery -- power it off, use a finger nail to pry the plastic back cover off, remove the old battery and put in a new one, and just press fit the back cover back into place.
    You can pick up a OEM battery from Amazon for $10 (some of the after-market offerings don't include the NFC sensor which oddly in S3's is in the battery, not the phone itself).
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Orig...=1473439743&sr=8-3&keywords=galaxy+s3+battery

Jfalls63 likes this.