1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having reboot issues...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kolosus, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

I'm having problem where the phone will turn itself off after a while. It doesn't happen when its sitting by itself just when I'm carrying it around.

This all started a few days ago. I was running Shabbymod 0.9 with Royal Android theme. It wasn't the latest but I was being lax. When the phone started turning itself off I was determined to fix the problem.

I'd seen that more themes had come out along with a CWR for the Prevail. So I Odin'ed. EE14, rooted with CWM. After booting I put on Shabbymod 0.9 with the latest Royal Android theme.

Everything seemed fine for a few hours and then the blasted issue started again. After a while I'll pull out my phone and there it was... Turned off!

I know the prevail likes to reboot if it gets too hot but its not that hot over here and I haven't really felt it getting that hot. I use Sense Analog Clock and that reports the temperature as 16-25 tops. Haven't really noticed it get higher than that...

Is there a kernel log or something that would give me an insight into what's causing this rebooting (halting?) issue?

Any help and random ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews