1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Having some issues putting movies on my phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aszreal1266, Mar 13, 2011.

1. aszreal1266

aszreal1266 Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Bay area CA
    So I just got my Atrix today. When I try to put movies onto my SD card it tells me its a file type that the media player doesn't support and to use a different media play but gives me the option to copy the movie any way. Its in AVI format. I have rockplayer that should be able to play AVI's. Every time it finishes downloading I get an error that says can not copy file the device has either stopped working or stopped responding or has been disconnected. Has any one else had this issue? I transfered my mp3's just fine but it doesn't seem to want to put any movies on the card. For clarification the movies transfer just fine to the phone it self but wont transfer to the card.

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Have not had the issue but I just mount the sdcards as mass storage (pull down the notifaction drawyer and select USB to change to mass storage).

Thanks for the tip on rockplayer, did not know that; now I don't need to convert all my stupid avi files to mp4.

3. aszreal1266

aszreal1266 Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Bay area CA
    I found out one strange thing while playing with it. If you are transferring files to the SD card you can not be in the file you are transferring it to. I found that as long as I am not in the file the transfer goes just fine, but if I am in the folder that I am transferring the files to at the end of the transfer it says the device has stopped responding or has been disconnected.