• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having some issues with my apps after rooting.

Tye

Aug 5, 2009
South East England
Hi all. First off, let me explain that this is solely down to my user error and should not put anyone else off rooting. I also apologize for the long post but I feel that it is best to explain everything properly.

Basically I bit the bullet and rooted, partitioned my SD card and then flashed the LeeDroid ROM. The user error part came when I copied all of my SD card contents onto my MAC, wiped and partitioned the SD card and then copied everything back onto the phone before backing up my applications with Titanium Backup. This caused all manner of problems with applications no longer working at all before the flash.

After flashing the ROM, it started up fine and I continued to sign in to all my accounts (Not knowing that this was not necessary as Titanium does all of this when you restore), once on the homescreen I restored using Titanium but because I could not find a guide to do this I was unsure whether to overwrite applications such as Market and Gmail, I decided to overwrite them anyway.

When I launched the market it appeared that all of my applications where still in My apps and that they were now fully functioning like before I started the root procedure, however after a few minutes they all disappeared from My apps apart from the paid applications but all of the free applications were still working on my phone. I basically then went through the process of re-downloading every application which just created a new link in My apps.

The problem now is that when trying to use the Website version of the Market it says that I am unable to install to my phone because I have not opened the Market recently and also my Gmail is no longer automatically syncing like it did before.

To anyone that has read this, I thank you :) and if you have any advice then it'd be much appreciated.

Download mybackup (or something) to back up your SMS if you need. Take a titanium backup of user apps and data

Boot recovery and wipe everything. Reflash the rom and boot back up. Do a titanium restore of missing apps with data (Only) then restore your data.

You'll have to set everything up like ringtones etc, but its the most surefire way of getting as much back as possible with no problems.

Upvote 0
Hi InfernalByte, for some reason the "Auto Sync" function was unticked, that is now ticked and more than likely will sort that issue. Thank you.

Hi SUroot. Just to be 100%, in Titanium backup I go into "Batch" and run "Backup all user apps + system data" and then once wiped and reflashed I go back into "Batch" and run "Restore missing apps with data"? Then once in there I leave it as "App+Data"?

Thank you both for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones