1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

having some issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wonka816, Jun 2, 2011.

1. wonka816

wonka816 Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    So I had cm6.1 rc1 running on my hero since it came out and havent updated since. I've been attempting to flash cm7.0.3 but kept getting stuck at the black HTC boot screen. I tried a number of roms(everlov, gingerbread adopt, deck, etc) all with the same outcome. Tried wiping everything and flashing from clockwork and amon RA and didn't help. I unrooted back to 1.5 and have rerooted but I gwt bootloop trying to boot to clockwork so I flashed the newest amonRA and tried cm7, everliv, gbAOSP and I'm still getting stuck at the htc screen. ive given it atleast 15 min at HTC screen each time. I'm lost, anyone have any ideas? I'd love to get gingerbread on this until I can upgrade to a new phone

Advertisement

2. rb312102

rb312102 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Are you able to load any of nandroids past the htc boot screen?

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    You can try flashing the Android 2.1 RUU via HBOOT with which is explained in this thread: XDA-Developers . Basically, you copy the Android 2.1 RUU .zip file to the root directory of your microSD card. Then you flash it via HBOOT. It should bring you to completely stock Android 2.1. From there you can root via Z4Root, install ROM Manager, flash ClockworkMod Recovery, make a Nandroid, and flash a newer ROM. Maybe starting from stock Android 2.1 with Sense will work. Let us know.

EDIT: Ugh. It appears that xda-developers is undergoing maintenance at the moment. Rest assured that thread I posted does have the information you need. Just wait until the maintenance is over with and try again. Cheers.

Tags: