1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Having some issues...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fatalpipsqueek, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Fatalpipsqueek

None

Dec 24, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Ok. So i have had my rezound for about a week now. I got it from amazon wireless for $150. And i loved it. but recently i've become more and more frustrated with it. The 4g connection isn't constant and switches between 3g and 1x several times over the course of the day. It has rebooted itself around 3 times now. The touch screen goes through periods of instability where some parts of it work and like the bottom left (landscape) wont. It is overheating. I thought it would just get warm but now its actually getting very hot. My girlfriends Dinc2 did the same thing and she took it back. I always said i wouldnt get an HTC because i wasnt sure of the hardware and software reliability. this phone was proving me wrong but now im not sure. So anyone have tips or should i just talk to amazon and get a replacement? thanks

Advertisement

2. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert
    None

4G connectivity isn't the phone's fault, it's VZW. You should simply turn off 4G unless you're in an area with solid reception. Spontaneous reboots have been linked to poor reception.

I haven't kept up with the hot-phone threads, but there's a few on here you should read through.

Instead of the hassle of sending the phone back, you should consider a reset. <-- I know that's pretty generic, but it is legit and certainly easier than returning the phone via mail.

3. jbird720

jbird720 Member
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    Coming from the Nexus to the Rezound. I've learned the 4G is pretty unstable on both phones in most area's. Nexus is worse because it can't even pull 3G! I manually toggle from 3/4G depending on my use.
    If downloading ill switch to 4G. But ill stream , or play Pandora in 3G were I have a stable connection. Mine is currently doing the reboot loop switch from screens. Annoying, but ill eventually find the fix.

4. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    Ive had mine since last night and I noticed this morning that there is a dead spot in the screen and also in the same area as the dead spot there are 3 dead pixels. Looks like ill be getting a replacement

5. Fatalpipsqueek

None

Dec 24, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    thank you. i probably wont send it back. i restarted it and put it on cdma only. the phone is much better now. i love it again. the screen problem and overheating stopped as well.

6. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    So you're not in a dense 4G area?

7. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    I'm with ya so far. VZW's been awful lately, even aside from the three 4G outages they've copped to.

That may be true, but it's definitely not VZW's fault. Device needs to be reliable regardless of the quality of the connection, so if a phone chokes under stress then HTC needs to fix it -- ideally w/software update.

8. Colchicine

None

I don't disagree with you, but I stated a "fact". You argued against the principle of it. Apparently, rebooting with poor reception is impossible to fix because the same problem was in the Incredible.

9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Huh? I accepted your fact and added my opinion of who's responsible for fixing the problem.

No, the lack of a fix could mean that it's hard or impossible, but it's equally likely the manufacturer just decided they didn't want to devote the resources it would take to address. I was just discussing a problem in another thread where CM7 strangles USB communications performance in a bug going back almost a year. Other ROMs don't have that problem, so apparently it just hasn't been a big enough priority to the CM people yet!

Let me restate: If a phone spontaneously reboots or has trouble booting solely due to weak or unreliable network, then the phone is defective and the manufacturer needs to fix it.

10. Colchicine

None

Sorry for being cryptic. My use of "impossible" was sarcastic. The point of my original statement was that reboots with poor reception is a known problem over multiple models and years. It does not constitute a problem worth returning the device over.

As I said, I agree with the principle of the matter, it should be fixed, but apparently that is impossible (sarcastic) because it has been going on for so long.

BlueBiker likes this.
  11. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    We are on the same page after all, Colchicine. :cool:

You're right -- lots of phones have annoying problems that really don't deserve returning the device. If you do, you'll just end up with some other phone with some other annoying problem. :p

Guess I'm just still kind of steamed at Verizon's response to Nexus connection problems that the only needed fix is the placebo of different bar levels. Their network problems lately make it virtually impossible to tell whether certain phones have a problem or the whole network is just flaky. I had been all hyped up trying to run lots of A/B tests to see if the Rezound extended battery (with its different rear cover w/embedded antennas) reduced the connection performance, but I've given up for now because my results are all over the map with both the standard and extended batteries. [/rant]

Tags: