• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having to exchange my Vibrant

tedrd88

Jul 1, 2010
I woke up this morning and my Vibrant was dead after a whole night on the charger. Took it into a store and they thought it was a battery problem so they switched it out. Came home and same problem. Tried multiple chargers... no dice.

Customer support was good, but having to pay $20 for express shipping is BS. My friend just got his Incredible in 2 days through the store, no charge. I have to drive home from school to get it.

Also, having to use my old blackberry storm is a drag. But this is a great phone so it is worth it... hopefully this doesn't become a trend though.

I woke up this morning and my Vibrant was dead after a whole night on the charger. Took it into a store and they thought it was a battery problem so they switched it out. Came home and same problem. Tried multiple chargers... no dice.

Customer support was good, but having to pay $20 for express shipping is BS. My friend just got his Incredible in 2 days through the store, no charge. I have to drive home from school to get it.

Also, having to use my old blackberry storm is a drag. But this is a great phone so it is worth it... hopefully this doesn't become a trend though.

wow that sucks, how long did you own the vibrant? Are they giving you a brand new unit, or warranty refurb?

The 20 buck shipping sucks, I know with my blackberry I had to exchange it a couple times, they charged me 9.95 shipping, seems like they increased the price? Actually, shipping me the new phone was free, I had to pay shipping to send the defective one back.

Well let us know the details. Wonder why your phone is doing that!

Upvote 0
I've had this phone since July 15th (release day). Of course I tried it out, hah. They said brand new or refurb depending on what they had in stock... I think it should be a brand new since I have insurance and all that jazz. Just a pain because I have to get my invisible shield reinstalled on whatever they send me, as well as get all the apps and everything I had installed reinstalled.

Upvote 0
I've had this phone since July 15th (release day). Of course I tried it out, hah. They said brand new or refurb depending on what they had in stock... I think it should be a brand new since I have insurance and all that jazz. Just a pain because I have to get my invisible shield reinstalled on whatever they send me, as well as get all the apps and everything I had installed reinstalled.

Off subject, where did you get your Invisi shield from?

Upvote 0

Call customer care, if necessary, ask for a supervisor and explain that you had invisible shield installed and let them know the full price you paid for that. Be polite but firm and persistent, if necessary. They will give airtime credit up to the value of your Invisible Shield. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a shipping credit as well since this was a new phone under warranty and you have insurance and especially because this is not your fault. You may be surprised what they will do for you. ;)

Upvote 0
Call customer care, if necessary, ask for a supervisor and explain that you had invisible shield installed and let them know the full price you paid for that. Be polite but firm and persistent, if necessary. They will give airtime credit up to the value of your Invisible Shield. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a shipping credit as well since this was a new phone under warranty and you have insurance and especially because this is not your fault. You may be surprised what they will do for you. ;)

Yeah, t mobile is one of the few good companies left that understand that good customer service doesn't end at the door. And that sometimes to grant that customer service, you have to bite the bullet from time to time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones