1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Having to restart phone to get 4g

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by FrauleinAsh, Apr 15, 2016.

1. FrauleinAsh

FrauleinAsh Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2016
    Hi guys. I have an issue I need help with. It started off with my old galaxy exhibit... in my area (upstate ny) my mobile data goes out in certain areas, but to get it to come back, I always have to restart the phone. I thought the phone was old and needed to be replaced, so I bought a galaxy s4. The same thing happened, but I had other issues with that phone (no volume during phone calls unless I was near wifi) so I ended up returning it and getting a galaxy s5. SAME THING is happening with my s5!

Now, the Sim card for the galaxy s4 & s5 is different than the Sim card I had in my exhibit, otherwise I would think it might be a Sim issue. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I only have 30 days to return the phone if I'm going to do so. So I need to know if this problem can be fixed or if it's even a phone issue at all. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

What carrier? I'm guessing it's not phone related after 3 phones and not SIM related after 2.

Switching to airplane mode then back out may work instead of turning it off/on.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. FrauleinAsh

FrauleinAsh Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2016
    Tmobile is my carrier... is this a problem that CAN be related to tmobile?

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

Well. As I thought before it's not the phone(s) or SIM(s). Go in to a store and explain the issue, see what they say. I think it's them though. The service should just come back on, no need to do anything. It's odd indeed.