1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Having trouble booting into recovery/flashing a new rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xpwnage123, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Xpwnage123

Xpwnage123 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi guys. I just rooted Thunderbolt today. I used the one click easy root method. This is the first time I've ever rooted a device. I wanted to install the BAMF remix rom but I couldn't get the device to reboot into recovery. At first I tried the method where you hold down the volume button and power button, but all it did was ask me if I wanted an update. Then I tried using quickboot, and it took a really long time to load the recovery mode, but I don't think it worked. So finally I tried using Rom Manager to boot into recovery, but now my phone is stuck on a screen that shows a Thunderbolt and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. Any idea how to fix this, and how I can get into recovery mode? Also, and ideas on what I did/what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. ridobe

ridobe Guest
    None
    Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that you still have the PG05IMG file still on your sd card. Lose that and you'll be good to go.

3. Xpwnage123

Xpwnage123 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Ok I removed the file and it helped a little bit. I'm still stuck at the loading screen for recovery where it shows the phone and the red triangle with the exclamation point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    you dont have a custom recovery. what youre seeing is the stock recovery that you are not allowed to access :eek:

verify that you have the superuser app in your app drawer,download rom manager,and chose the "flash clockwork recovery" option. after you do that,chose the "boot into recovery" option in rom manager.

after that,dont use rom manager for anything else,other than booting into recovery. its not very stable or reliable to use for wiping/flashing/backin up. :)

5. Xpwnage123

Xpwnage123 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    I actually figured this out but forgot to post it in the forum. Thanks anyways though!

6. JohnDaddyo

JohnDaddyo Newbie
    None

May 7, 2010
  7. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Texas
    That was uncalled for.

8. wazup7

wazup7 Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Actually, you can "enter" the stock recovery image by holding both volume+/- at the same time...at least I'm pretty sure. (I'ts been a while since I've entered a "stock recovery" for my TB).