1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having Trouble Downloading Files to Install ICS ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 302Powered, Apr 26, 2012.

1. 302Powered

302Powered Lurker

So i was able to root and do the CWM but im having trouble downloading the files needed for CM9. Im following the write-up/video by QBKing77 but when I download the StockCWM-EL26.tar.md5 it gives me an error. Incorrect command or something like that. Not sure what to do, can some one help me out with this? Everything else whent smooth up untill this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Forgot to mention im using 7-zip.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

Depending on format of file it may not need to be extracted. If it is .tar format then you don't need too and is meant to be used with Odin. If it is a zip file and that is the only thing in it then it is meant to be flashed on cwm. But if dot is a zip with multiple different files sfhubs different rom packages then it would be extract and run from there. Hope that helps.

IOWA and 302Powered like this.
  3. 302Powered

302Powered Lurker

Thanks, that did help. I was over-thinking it! Got my s2 on ics now and working great so far!

4. rounsy222

good to hear!!!! Don't forget to hit the thanks button when someone helps ya ;)

5. 302Powered

302Powered Lurker

Forgot about that lol, once again thanks!

6. rounsy222

lol np. I was just giving you a hard time.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews