1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Having trouble getting the voicemail notification to clear

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by bafans11, May 8, 2012.

1. bafans11

bafans11 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hello all,

I have a Kyocera Echo phone (the one with two screen). I love this phone and never have any issues with it, until now. I received a voicemail yesterday, listened to the message and deleted it, so I have no new messages, however the notification in the notification bar will not clear. Does anyone know how to remedy this. I'm using the stock voicemail that came with the phone, but will gladly switch to an application of some sort if you guys have any recommendations.

Thanks all!

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Welcome to the forums, bafans11!
    This is interesting. My wife had the same problem with her Droid. But, she was using Google Voice at the time (as we both are now). Never was able to figure it out.
    How long has the message been sitting there? Have you tried restarting the phone? Once it is temporarily cleared from the notifications, does it immediately come back? Google Voice is a great app, and one to try if it does help your problem. We can get you tips on setting it up if you want to go that route.

3. bafans11

bafans11 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thanks dread,

It has been there for about three days. There is no option to clear it from the notification that I've found, usually it clears as soon as I listen to the message. It's really not a big deal, just annoying to have it sitting in the notification bar all the time. I have restarted the phone several time with no effect. I wouldn't mind trying something new, but am unsure how to disable this voicemail to get a new one to work. I'm kind of a noob. Thanks for all the help.

4. bafans11

bafans11 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    I did just notice that there is a firmware update that will not install also, it's telling me to contact Sprint which I am dreading.