1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Having trouble pulling the trigger on another Samsung

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TRSN, Jul 22, 2011.

1. TRSN

TRSN Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    We currently have 4 Samsung Epics in my house and will be switching to Verizon in the next week or so (from Sprint). We have so many problems with the Epic on Sprint and I am SOOOOO hesitant to pull the trigger on another Samsung, the Charge.

With the Epic, I get forced close on many apps, phone reboots randomly, calls get disconnected. I just don't know how much to blame on Sprint vs Samsung.

We live in Raleigh, which just got 4G yesterday. I am also considering the Dinc 2. But have a hard time buying a non 4G phone when 4G is now in my area.

What to do?????

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    I came from the Epic and to be honest I didn't have too many issues with the phone.

The Charge feels slower but I have yet to have any issues with it (heard of others having data drops though).

3. Blue218

Blue218 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    I just got my charge and upgraded from a fascinate....no 4g here yet but coming soon....I hope.....supposed to be in 2011.

4. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Registered Nurse, retired
    Fairchild, Wisconsin
    I have Charge and live in 3G area but I did use it in Wi. Dells, Madison and Chicago a few weeks ago and it was nice. But my daughter bought the Dinc2 and it is a good phone too. Fast little thing.

5. Vizsla_Buddy

Vizsla_Buddy Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    I have had the Charge for ~1 month now. Very nice phone. No issues other than the 4G can suck some battery.

6. EliC

EliC Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    I had the Fascinate (the verizon epic) and it was awful. I was VERY hesitant to get the charge, but now am very happy with it. Not perfect, but worlds better then the Fascinate was.

7. dressagerider

dressagerider Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 12, 2010
    The Charge is my first Samsung phone and I am very impressed with it - especially after having the Thunderbolt first and experiencing so many problems. I have previously owned Iphones and lots of HTC phones and have to say I am really liking Samsung just as much.

No phone is perfect, and I have certainly had some minor issues with the charge, but have to say that this has been my favorite phone so far.

Good Luck with your choice!