1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having trouble rooting HUAWEI U8652

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nickchick, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Nickchick

Nickchick Lurker

I tried UnlockRoot and One Click Root. Both say my device is not connected.
    SuperOneClick gives me the message:

"The following device does not have drivers installed: multimedia video controller.
    [insert location of file here]
    Would you like me to install it for you?"

I push yes and it says "Unable to load DLL DIFxAPI.dll. The specified module could not be found (Excerption from HRESULT: 0x8007007E"
    I try clicking on the file in the location specified in the error message but the error still comes up.

I tried Gingerbread and Z4Root like another thread on this forum suggests but the problem with this is I can't transfer it to my phone because my phone is not listed in the computer. This may be the issue with all the other applications.

I have Googled the error message and I only found a few solutions but I couldn't make sense of them being phone illiterate. I have followed the instructions of the rooting process in another thread on this forum before using the software. I tried using the hardware wizard on the computer for the Android adapter. It says the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

I'm at a loss here...want to throw this phone out the window and say the heck with it. What am I doing wrong?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download