• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having trouble rooting

I am using WinImage, but I think I am doing it wrong. Can you tell me step by step what to do in WinImage? my nephew came over and wrote the card from WinImage, but the files did not look like the example on the Wiki page. I know I don't want to extract the files, but write the image? Ugh this is driving me nuts!! Thanks for any help you can give me!

Edited to add: I put the card that my nephew wrote into the nook and followed the steps, but the nook just booted normally, and when I took the card back out and read it in the computer, it had added B&N files to the card.

Edited again to add that I am choosing "restore image to physical drive". It says to choose a drive from the list, but the list is blank. There should be a way for this program to see that drive, but darned if I can figure it out.

Upvote 0
did android sign in pop up?

It will boot normally after root before you go crazy hit n then extras see if you have super user access or market.

Edited again to add that I am choosing "restore image to physical drive". It says to choose a drive from the list, but the list is blank. There should be a way for this program to see that drive, but darned if I can figure it out.

I had that problem and it was the micro sd wasn't locked into the reader adapter.

1. format sd
2. select drive in win image
3. restore image to physical drive
4. select unzipped auto-nooter file

Every time you restore image to physical drive and it fails you need to re-format the sd card. This was the hardest part for me. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Jeanine
Upvote 0
soxfan81 FTW!! I have successfully rooted my Nook! Thank you so much for the help. I had to reformat my card, and then I ended up using Win32diskimager.

I was also getting the message that some other program was using that drive, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. I just removed the card, re-booted the computer and re-did the whole process. It worked and I can't thank you enough. I hope this help someone else.

Upvote 0
soxfan81 FTW!! I have successfully rooted my Nook! Thank you so much for the help. I had to reformat my card, and then I ended up using Win32diskimager.

I was also getting the message that some other program was using that drive, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. I just removed the card, re-booted the computer and re-did the whole process. It worked and I can't thank you enough. I hope this help someone else.

After two hours I followed Jeanine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones