1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Having trouble with Bluetooth controls on non-Google Music apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by binary visions, Jan 2, 2012.

1. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    Issue: No apps other than Google Music will respond to AVRCP button presses (i.e. hitting pause/play/forward/back on your Bluetooth headset)

Please star this issue if you would like a resolution:

Issue 23172 - android - Apps other than "Music" not receiving Bluetooth Play/Pause commands after 4.0 update - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

I find it frustrating because Google has not implemented Podcasting into their stock app, so when I want to listen to podcasts, I cannot control the playback via Bluetooth.

Advertisement

2. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    I'm using Doggcatcher and the Bluetooth controls work flawlessly with my Gnex and that app. However, I also have Mog for music streaming and the Bluetooth controls don't work at all. I think it's something the developer will have to address in their apps due to ICS.

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    I have subsequently tried another music app (Pandora) and can confirm that it too does not respond to Bluetooth button presses. Doggcatcher has a specific option in settings to use Bluetooth headset buttons, so maybe that's why that particular app does work?

At any rate, Android is *supposed* to give headset control to the foreground app by default, so I would definitely say this is an issue.

Tags: