1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Having trouble with MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Dec 18, 2013.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I have been having problems sending and receiving MMS messages. If I send a message with an attachment, it just sits on my phone and then finally gets delivered after 2 - 3 weeks. At first it was happening with Go SMS Pro, but not with the message app that came with the phone. Now it seems to be with both. Also, when receiving one, I get a "Download" button. When I tap "Download", I get 0% and that's it. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!

Saw your post yesterday but hadn't needed to send an MMS until today. Tried with WiFi on and off...couldn't get the picture to go through using Hangouts. it just timed out and then said "Retrying" but never did go through. Did you find a fix? I haven't really had a chance to troubleshoot it yet.

3. gemmydn

gemmydn Member

I was having the same problem to but when I uninstalled hangouts and reinstalled it and did not let the my sms and hangouts merge it worked fine. It seems at least for me that the update to merge the two messed with picture sending and receiving.

4. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Thanks for trying to help. I could not delete "Hangout/Talk". I could only remove updates. I never got asked about merging either, so I disabled "Talk" and removed the defaults from all three MMS apps. With all that, I could not send an MMS with Go SMS or Chomps. I can send one with "Messages", the app that came with the phone. Could you go through what you did step by step so I'm sure that I'm doing the same? Thanks! BTW, when you're deleting Hangout, could you tap on "Clear Cache" first? My Clear Cache buttons stopped working with the update. Just wondering if it's me or everyone. Thanks again.

Dr. Mark
    HTC Droid DNA
    Android 4.2.2
    Not Rooted

5. gemmydn

gemmydn Member

hi, sorry I didn't tell you this part, after I uninstalled hangouts which was really just the update, I than updated it again, when I opened hangouts it asked me if I wanted to merge sms with hangouts or something to that effect. I did not click on that. And after that I tried sending and receiving pictures and it worked. It also works in handcent too. I did go into see if I could clear the cache in hangouts and it would not let me either.

I hope this helps you out. I am not expert just trial and error mostly.
    gemmy:)

6. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Thanks gemmy. You've been a big help. I'm no expert either, but I try to learn with every glitch, and there have been a lot of them. ;) I'll try what you did and Handcent. Thanks one more time.
    markdoc

7. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Gemmy,
    I just called HTC and the Cache button is suppose to work. The difference is instead of clearing it to 0, it only goes to 12.00 kb. If it matters to you, better call HTC support at 1-866-449-8358. I would write it here, but if you or I screw up, it's our problem. If you call them, it's theirs.;)

markdoc

8. gemmydn

gemmydn Member

Thanks for letting me know, I usually use a program to clean my deleted files, cache ect. but thanks for the info I'll check it out. Merry Christmas!:)

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews