1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Having trouble with the open accessory development kit

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Trepan, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Trepan

Trepan Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Hey alltogether,
    I recently got myself an Evo 3d mostly because I wanted to program some cool stuff for it.
    As I am a hobby robotbuilder I now wanted to control them over the phone. So I got an arduino USB host shield, flashed the demokit program on the arduino and wanted to install the demokit.apk on the Phone so I could play around a little. But it just wont work... Every app that has to do something with the oadk wont install. I already wrote own apps for the phone that work without problems(nothing to complicated), unknown apps are allowed.
    Do you have any Idea? I would really appreciate any help, and googling didnt help much... (just found this forum afterwards:))
    kind regards,
    Trepan

Btw.: Its a vanilla HTC Evo 3D with current Firmware
    P.S.: Not sure about the Prefix, if wrong please change

Advertisement

2. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Male
    NoVA
    Hi there!

Since I am not personally a developer, I can't help you, but I can suggest that you check out the section on the forum dedicated to developers...Android Developers

Also, if you want a quick way to access the forum, check out the free Phandroid app in the Google Play Market.

3. GeorgeN

GeorgeN Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    Male
    London
    Google have some documentation here:

Android Open Accessory Development Kit | Android Developers

I'm not sure what Android version the Evo 3d comes with, but you need to be running Android 2.3.4 or higher and have the right USB support in the kernel. You might have to re-flash with a Cyanogenmod rom.