1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HBO GO is making me insane

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thomaston, Jul 19, 2011.

1. thomaston

thomaston Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    I am beyond pissed off trying to make HBO GO work, and I'm not even talking about the app. I've looked at the solution to that, but without seeing step-by-step instructions it's worthless to me.
    So I try going to HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere. on my browser (DolphinHQ). And I can't even get that to work. On Dolphin and every other browser I've downloaded and tried, I can't get the actual log in screen to pull up. Actually, it seems like it's pulling up behind the flash animation on the main page. I somehow got it to work once, but of course the "remember me" option doesn't work, so it requires me logging in every time.
    Why does everything have to be so damned hard? All I want is a workable solution to view this on my Nook. I am running Phiremod 6.2 by the way.
    Does anyone have an idea of what I can do?

PS Thanks HBO for your crap app and your crap site.

EDIT to say: I can actually get to the log in screen in the Opera browser, but then the site tells me that Opera is not a supported browser.

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Some browsers let you change the browser string from "mobile" to another "desktop" browser. Check the preferences.