• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HBOGO A No-Go for Xoom

OK so I worked to get dolphin HD working in desktop agent mode and hbo go works just like it does in skyfire. Not great, jumps and buffers and stops and sometimes runs smoothly but never for more than a few seconds. Visually the HD is great but not a fluid viewing experience.

Anyone had a better experience? :thinking:

When I run it on my wifi at home, I do get lip synch and buffering for about the 1st minute of what I'm watching. Then it settles in and plays fine. Are you on wifi or trying to watch in 3g?

Upvote 0
OK so I worked to get dolphin HD working in desktop agent mode and hbo go works just like it does in skyfire. Not great, jumps and buffers and stops and sometimes runs smoothly but never for more than a few seconds. Visually the HD is great but not a fluid viewing experience.

Anyone had a better experience? :thinking:

Pretty much what im getting with the default browser. No buffering, but jumps and goes at a snails pace and occasionally runs good, albeit for only a few seconds at a time.

Wifi and fast wifi at that. Oh well.

Edit: just to give it a base, I watched 30 minutes of a movie. It never settled in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones