1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HBoot Compatibility

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uminchu, May 24, 2011.

1. uminchu

uminchu Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    Greetings fellow rooters. I have a launch week Evo, HW002, with a broken USB port. I have to unroot to exchange the phone, and no USB means no RUU. I've already flashed a stock ROM. I can get the unroot files on my card with a reader and flash them from recovery and Hboot.

My question concerns HBoot version compatibility. My current HBoot is version 0.76 (ENG, supports Fastboot). The only PC36IMG files in the Rooting for Dummies guide are for HBoot versions 0.97, 2.02, or 2.10. I don't want either of the 2.x versions. Can I use 0.76 for the 0.97 version set, or do I have to upgrade to 0.97 and reflash a kernel first?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    sorry bud i meant to answer you in the other thread and forgot. You can upgrade hboot to .97 and use unrevoked s-on tool but wont they know what hboot you had when you go to turn the phone in?

I believe the way to unroot the eng bootloader is actually just as easy and you dont need the unrevoked tool.

I have seen it on XDA outlined by one of the popular devs over there, sorry the name escapes me atm.

anyhow you can upgrade hboot if you dont think they will notice the hboot changed.

Or i would just honestly google "xda unroot .76 hboot" you will see the thread i am referring to im sure, You can even link it back here if you want and i will let you know if thats it. Im at work...

Yeah the eng bootloader is great with the extended fastboot commands. Its the one everyone wanted to go back to. Hell you didnt even use unrevoked back then it wouldnt give full root. Ah how times change in a year. I havent unrooted a .76, i have a 2.10 :) :( ive just seen the thread because someone asked this like a week ago

uminchu likes this.
Tags: