1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HBOOT issues or something else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scowger, Jul 7, 2011.

1. scowger

scowger Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    My daughter did something to her phone. She said something about safe mode popped up and she just answered the popup. Now when the phone is rebooted it goes right to the HBOOT menu. I can pull the battery and power it back up with the volume - key pressed and get to the fastboot menu. The thing is neither one of these menus allow me to press the power key to select or use the volume key to move through the selections. It is just froze. I was able to RUU and bring the phone back to life, it comes up in safe mode but as soon as I power off again it goes back to the HBOOT menu. I am at a loss. The phone is S-on and I don't think it was ever rooted. Thanks for any ideas or assistance.

Android v 2.2
    Baseband v 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernal v 2.6.32.17
    HBOOT v 92

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Does it boot back up into safe mode when rebooted? Or goes right back to hboot?

3. scowger

scowger Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    It goes right back to hboot everytime. I just cant select anything with the volume keys or power button. Strange thing is the volume keys work and the power button works after I RUU the unit but once I power off and back on its right back at hboot.

4. sdrawkcab25

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Very strange, so basically after the ruu, the phone boots up(into safe mode) and all the keys work... reboot, then stuck in hboot, with no functioning keys?

5. scowger

scowger Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Yes very strange indeed. That is exactly what is happening. After the RUU the phone fully functions. Then once I power off then back on it goes right back to hboot.

I have also tried putting the PB31IMG.ZIP file on the SD and rebuilding that way. I bring it up in fastboot and it loads the file the goes right back to the fastboot menu. Can't do anything from there.

I'm at a loss. I have tried searching this forum and googled but nothing pops out to me.

Thanks for reponding BTW....

6. sdrawkcab25

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA

You've done really the only two things that can be done to solve software issues (RUU/PB31IMG.zip). I'd chalk it up to a hardware problem.

The only thing I can think of is somehow the ROM is being corrupted when the phone is shutting down. Guess it's possible something might be wrong with the battery or sd card.

7. scowger

scowger Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Yeah, I installed a new SD card and formated FAT32. I'm gonna do a complete wipe and reload once more. Just doesnt make sense it's a hardware issue since I can flash and use the phone. But stranget things have happened.

Thanks