1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HBOOT splash update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evomattnc, Feb 24, 2011.

1. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    OK guys so just a simple question that isnt really a problem but is irritating me haha.

I installed a new splash image, like i have numerous times. Dl'ed the .zip, pushed to root, renamed PC36IMG. Every time i boot into recovery and it runs its hboot check it gets to "[1]splash do you want to start update now, yes or no". It doesnt change anything no matter what i choose and the splash image shows up just fine. Of course if I choose no it asks if i want to reboot or not, if i choose yes it updates and goes back to recovery screen when its complete.

I just dont recall it always asking that with previous splash screens i had used. Did it always do that and I just never paid attention or has something changed?

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    Rename it to something other than PC36IMG.zip or remove it from your sdcard.

Hboot is set to scan for that file name whenever you boot to it. Changing the name makes it unable to find it and you can go to recovery from there

evomattnc likes this.
  3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    NC
    hmm thanks...guess i always changed the file name afterwards and forgot to change it this time...i was actually unaware it only needed the file once. thanks.

4. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    You're welcome. I did the same thing when I changed my splash screen.....forgot about it til the next time I booted to hboot and it tried to flash it again. :)

5. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    NC
    you know what, i tried a few splash screens at once, changed to PC36IMG, updated, then changed the name to try the next. I was by default doing the correct thing but for the wrong reason. Once i found the one i wanted i left it as PC36IMG and never changed its name because i wasnt trying a new one after that...ok easy enough, got it.

Tags: