• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HBOOT splash update

evomattnc

Android Expert
Feb 10, 2011
NC
OK guys so just a simple question that isnt really a problem but is irritating me haha.

I installed a new splash image, like i have numerous times. Dl'ed the .zip, pushed to root, renamed PC36IMG. Every time i boot into recovery and it runs its hboot check it gets to "[1]splash do you want to start update now, yes or no". It doesnt change anything no matter what i choose and the splash image shows up just fine. Of course if I choose no it asks if i want to reboot or not, if i choose yes it updates and goes back to recovery screen when its complete.

I just dont recall it always asking that with previous splash screens i had used. Did it always do that and I just never paid attention or has something changed?

you know what, i tried a few splash screens at once, changed to PC36IMG, updated, then changed the name to try the next. I was by default doing the correct thing but for the wrong reason. Once i found the one i wanted i left it as PC36IMG and never changed its name because i wasnt trying a new one after that...ok easy enough, got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones