1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HBootlaoder Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phxfireguy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

I am trying to update my rooted (unrevoked 3) EVO to the latest gingerbread rom (revolutionary). I am having issues related to the Hbootloader that is on my EVO. My evo is at 2.10 and the application states it needs 2.15 or 2.16. How do I flash my EVO to that rev? I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. bfrench1990

bfrench1990 Newbie

Are you s-off? If so just flash a gingerbread rom. No need to update hboot.

3. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

What says it needs that bootloader? Are you trying to flash a ROM or what?

EDIT: Are you running a Froyo ROM and trying to get to gingerbread or what exactly are you trying to do?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ok if you are rooted and have s-off then all you need to do is flash a gingerbread rom and your software will be updated. all you would need to do if you want is to update your radios. it is not necessary that you do, however.

revolutionary is a tool to get s-off on phones that have hboot 2.16. please be careful on what you do to your phone. please do some research before trying anything. if you are not sure what to do, please come here and ask. if you do not know what you are flashing or doing to your phone, that is a sure way to brick it.

5. phxfireguy

phxfireguy Member

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was trying to flash the unit with the revolutionary tool. My EVO is already rooted and S-Off. I will get a copy of a gingerbread rom and install that on my root. Thanks!!!

6. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Mike3D beta1!

Tags: