1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HC Talk?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Neslot35, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Neslot35

Neslot35 Newbie

Just recently I started getting text messages in my message inbox from HC Talk. I've searched my phone for this app and can't find it. Anyone have any idea what this is and/or how to get rid of it?

I've searched forums and google and can't find anything relevant to this. All the chats I've been getting are webcam sl*ts advertising their webcam shows. I've ran adware removal tools on the phone but they don't find anything either.

I've even formatted all the phone partitions except the SD card and installed a new ROM (Infected's NuSense of Bliss) and I still get these stupid messages.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

to your message's app?

3. Neslot35

Neslot35 Newbie

Guess I was have a brain fart of just had a revelation. I read your post and it jus dawned on me HC Talk = HandCent Talk. I'm searching through the settings for HandCent SMS now to see how to disable it. Must be something new they just added, I've used HandCent for years and just started seeing this.

4. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

use another sms app or use the stock one for a bit. also recommend contacting the app developer for more information. :D

Neslot35 likes this.
  5. Neslot35

Neslot35 Newbie

Doing that now. And since i figured out (finally) what this is, i see numerous other complaints about the spam through it now.

6. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

you might wanna use chompsms or go sms :)

7. 1074S8

1074S8 Lurker

For now, go to Settings in Handcent:

Set Enable time for whatever time you want
    Set Disable time for 1 minute later

problem solved for now, atleast for those not using it....

Looks like it has a block feature, but I just deleted the message I received.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews