• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HD2 A2.2 Disable headphone jack or prioritise Bluetooth?

Psaldorn

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Hey everyone,
I'm running Android on my HD2 and have recently bought a charging/media dock and a BT earbud set.

A problem I didn't anticipate is that my phone seems to prioritise the phone jack over my bluetooth, so while the phone is charging songs are not sent out via bluetooth. The cradle has a fixed headphone jack so I cannot just not-plug-it-in, unfortunately.

Unplugging the phone from the cradle fixes it, but nullifies the cradle.

Any idea if I can force Android to use bluetooth even if the jack is occupied? Alternatively, can I disable the jack entirely so the phone will continue using the bluetooth like nothing is different?

Tried some googling and searching here, but only seems to be about jacks being dodgy/skipping. Not my issue.

Thanks for any help in advance

Psaldorn

I hate to bump but I was just googling this Issue again and thiught Id hit a winner.. but It was just my post again. Anyone has fresh ideas about this?

I have the exact same problem (we probably have the same cradle :)), and hereby bump this thread.

My HD2 is running on HyperDroid CM7 2.10.

This inconvenience means I can't use my Bluetooth headset to answer calls or listen to podcasts while the phone is docked. I wish I hadn't bought such a clever cradle... :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones