1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HDMI adapter will drain phone battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LuckyStar, Oct 15, 2018.

1. LuckyStar

LuckyStar Newbie

Mates, I have bought the original USB-C to HDMI adapter EE-HG950
    Works as a charm however it will drain the battery very quickly. Is there any sort of hub with a power-in so that the phone can stream HDMI while staying charged?

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Why don't you just charge the phone while using HDMI?

3. LuckyStar

LuckyStar Newbie

How can I achieve this? There is no way to charge the phone when using the HDMI adapter above

4. lvt

lvt Android Expert

I thought the S8 has wireless charging capability?

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

When mirroring your phone to a TV it's using the both the CPU and GPU pretty heavily, especially when it involves higher res content. I'd assuming that's the big power drain as opposed to the HDMI adapter.

6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

If your TV can connect to the phone and browser/play its media files using USB storage mode, the power required by the phone is minimum.

7. LuckyStar

LuckyStar Newbie

Forgot to mention, I am streaming music to my HIFI amplifier. It looks like there are some hubs multiport who knows if the offer hdmi out and power in ..

8. svim

svim Extreme Android User

So when one is viewing video content on their phone it uses a lot of system resources (GPU and CPU) but when casting that same video content a phone instead uses magic? USB transfer mode is a file transfer/connectivity issue, viewing video content is system resource draw. When casting over HDMI, it's not a matter where the video is copied over to the TV, it's your phone playing the video content along with sending video/audio signals to an additional display (the TV).

lvt likes this.

Galaxy S8 Forum

The Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews