• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HDMI: Amzer vs. Sprint cable

IPvFletch

Android Enthusiast
Jun 6, 2010
Austin, TX
Hey folks, I have some GOOD news and some BAD news...

First off, I got the Amzer Micro HDMI cable recently and it did NOT work. It worked for maybe a split-second then crashed my HDMI stack (I believe, had to reboot to reproduce it). This is the SAME CABLE that MANY OTHERS have used WITH SUCCESS. So I believe there to be some bad Amzer batches of cables out there, BEWARE!!

Next up, I got the Sprint HDMI cable (and paid 2x for it). It works flawlessly! No problems whatsoever, no need to wiggle it or anything. It just works!

I'm going to try and return my Amzer cable but I'm happy just paying the $30 for a WORKING cable (Sprint). They are not easy to find either (BB, RS, Sprint all sold out, but more coming in at various times, so you may get lucky like I did this afternoon at another Sprint store).

I couldn't get YouTube to work but I think it is a content issue. I also couldn't get my PPT files to load in the QuickOffice app. I renamed it from .ppt to .pps and that didn't work either, but there is no "slide show" mode for PPT viewing apparently.

I don't have Sling so I could not try but rumor has it Android exposed the HDMI interface so in theory Sling could have/add HDMI support.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones