1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips hdmi cable out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boatman, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Tx2Stepn

Tx2Stepn Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    It is definately TV specific... We bought 7 droid charge phones in my family and we have 6 TV's that the sound is working on and 2 that are not working... Working are Sharp, Samsung, Panasonic and Magnavox... Not working are JVC and Sony...

Thanks,

Sonja

Advertisement

mac_girl and mrjwen like this.
  2. ShawnS52

ShawnS52 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    retail buffoon
    Cincinnati
    After a bit of a runaround with monoprice I finally got my HDMI cable for my Samsung Charge today. Plugged it in, saw the sharp image, loaded up some music and... no audio. Tried all the suggestions here, tried it on a different TV and it worked but at the last minute before I was about to write off the purchase as a waste it hit me: the TV set -- a Panasonic, and I assume many other LCDs -- lets you set the audio input separate from the video. I normally have the audio from my HDMI sources (game consoles and PC) run through separate stereo cables.

So if you're having this problem still and haven't checked your TV's audio settings to check for 'HDMI audio input', give that a try! It worked for me!

3. mac_girl

mac_girl Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Same problem. I have a Sony Bravia and I get a great picture but no sound on the TV with the Samsung Droid Charge. The cable said audio and video - micro HDMI to HDMI.

If anyone figures this out, please share with all of us! Thanks :)

4. Kentthegreet

Kentthegreet Newbie
    None

Oct 4, 2010
    Technical Engr
    Makati
    Hi guys, I need help for a newbie question. I got my LG 3D P920 that is HDMI out capable. I used LCD monitor for my videos but I got no audio on my phone via the 3.5mm audio jack output. I searched the net and found out that HDMI has both the video and audio. My question is, how can output the audio on my phone. Is there any cable or software to separate the video and audio output? Thanks in advance.....

5. Spydy007

Spydy007 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Mechanic
    So. Cal.
    Hi all! The HDMI out was the defining factor in choosing the Charge and on a daily basis, I had been using the HDMI out to my Hitachi plasma TV using a 3' Micro HDMI to HDMI cable connected to a 25' HDMI to HDMI extension cable so I can control and enjoy media content from the comfort of my bed. All screens, games, phone calls, video and audio generated from my phone, both downloaded and streaming content, would be displayed and heard on my TV without a hitch since I bought the phone in July, 2011 up until the first week in December about an hour b4 Samsung's most recent Software Update. Immediately following Update firmware version 2.3.6 and to this day all screens (on phone) are now off-centered to the left 6" on my TV, downloaded video content is displayed off-center and cut-off left 6" with no Audio, same goes for Netflix. Streming video (app used is Jetflix) content is neither displayed or heard, just a blank screen now. There's no doubt in my mind that the most recent update is the cause of our HDMI issues as is evident in my stated experience.
    I've sent phone to Samsung once where my complaint about The HDMI wasn't even addressed, instead the touchscreen was replaced and phone returned, WTF? Got it yesterday, I'm sending it back tomorrow gave explicite instructions (again) to Samsung phone tech support to please diagnos/resolve documented HDMI issue. I will post the results. If anyone already has a fix, please post it as well.

GrammieDroid likes this.
  6. Spydy007

Spydy007 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Mechanic
    So. Cal.
    Have received phone back from Samsung but problem still exists, infact the phone has picked up another issue while at Samsung's repair facility in TX... great! Samsung requested a third attempt to resolve, then a warranty exchange can be issued as I'm sure will be the case. Just not possitive a new phone's HDMI will work properly as mine did for the first 6 months. I'll post results incase anyone's still interested,