1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HDMI, full usb dock for Galaxy note?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by icedude297, May 6, 2012.

1. icedude297

icedude297 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Does anyone know of a dock that has full hdmi, charging and a full usb port for the Galaxy note?

I found one with dual micro usb ports and one with micro usb and a full hdmi.

The dual micro usb would probably be the more practical option but less attractive appearing because you'll need more dongles to go along with it. You can charge and stream using a mhl adapter for one port and use a micro usb to usb adapter in the other port for your portable hard drive or usb keyboard mouse combo. However, this requires the use of two dongles.

The HDMI /micro usb one is more pleasing to the eyes but not as functional. You have hdmi but then you'll need micro usb for charging, leaving you none for full usb.

Hence if such a dock exists that has full usb, hdmi, and charging port, it would be highly useful. I am surprise that none such dock exists.

Advertisement

2. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2012
    As far as I am aware you can't use the port for USB host and MHL at the same time.

You may not even be able to use it for any data while in MHL mode even when charging from a computer USB port, though I am less sure of that.