• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HDMI Head Up Display

poluka2000

Dec 8, 2011
I was thinking it would be cool if there was a Head Up Display you could plug into your Esteem (or other phone with Video out put) that would work with your car. You could see Navigation, Speed, RPM, OBDII data, etc. Heck you could video chat or what ever. Seems like it would be simple to get some sort of LCD display and a reflective/Transparent decal like they use for other after market HUDs and hook it up to your Esteem.

I know I have been hearing that new laws went into effect here in California that restrict attaching device with suction cups to your windshield and maybe even your dash. Seems like some sort of HUD could work around that.

I know I have been hearing that new laws went into effect here in California that restrict attaching device with suction cups to your windshield and maybe even your dash.

You heard wrong.

New California Laws 2012

New California Vehicle Laws 2012

New DUI Law

Section 23579 has been added to the California Vehicle Code, which authorizes courts to revoke a driver's license for 10 years if a person is convicted of three or more DUIs. Motorists may apply for reinstatement of their license with the DMV after five years, if the driver installs an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in their vehicle.

New Double White Line Law

AB 1105 prohibits vehicles from crossing double parallel solid white lines in California, except where expressly permitted.

New Reckless Driving Restricted License Law

AB 520 allows California drivers convicted of reckless driving under Section 23103.5 of the Vehicle Code to apply for a restricted driver's license prior to the completion of their one-year suspension if they meet specific conditions, such as the installation of Ignition Interlock Device in their vehicle.

New DUI Checkpoint Vehicle Impound Law

AB 353 prohibits law enforcement officers from impounding a vehicle for 30 days at a DUI checkpoint if the only offense is failing to hold a valid driver license.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones