1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

hdmi mirroring working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by karrar55, Sep 3, 2011.

1. karrar55

karrar55 Member

any news on hdmiwin working on evolvedroms sense 3.0 with universal freedom kernal? thanks in advanced

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

the only sense kernel that im aware of that supports hdmiwin is ChopSuey v.9.2.7-hdmiwin-universal and its only in a testing phase

here is the link to it

https://sites.google.com/site/chopsueykernel/experimental

3. karrar55

karrar55 Member

ya thats what i figured bout to try it...let u know if it goes smooth!!

4. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

I couldnt get chop suey to mirror with my sense roms and it made my roms really laggy and choppy. I will wait until they do some more work to it before flashing again.

5. karrar55

karrar55 Member

Ok so I got good news n bad...bad news hdmiwin does not work just a black screen :( , good news its running nice no lags so far

6. RedheadTarn

RedheadTarn Newbie

So just because you get a black screen doesn't mean it doesn't work..Hdmwin is a pretty glitchy program. I found a sequence that I HAVE to use to get it mirroring properly, it has NEVER worked the first time.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/399342-hdmwin.html?highlight=hdmwin

Check out this thread... post #30 has the sequence I found to make it work. Haven't tried it on a sense 3.0 rom yet because my wife got tired of having to redo all her stuff when I switch roms, and since we have our netflix mirroring working she told me to stop messing around with her phone.

Still, give it a shot and let me know if it ends up working for you.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. mlb

mlb Member

After much aggravation trying to get mirroring to work, I finally figured out it was the tv. First I flashed the updated aggressive freedom kernal v0.9, hooked it up to the L.R. tv, nada. Then I tried downloading HDMwIn and running that with the updated kernel, nada. Tried B.R. tv with and without HDMwIn, different cables, wiping cache anything I thought would help, nada. Fast forward a couple weeks, I decide to get a tv for the kitchen. Set it up plug the EVO in and boom mirroring. No HDMwIn, no wiping just hook it up and go.

edit: Also make sure HDMI cable is securely plugged in

So for anyone interested:
    Vizio mod# E220MV(from Sam's)
    MikG v2.52
    Aggressive Freedom v.09

8. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert

I use HDMwIn which is amazing and is very good for the not-so-advanced users. It is very simple to use and the language is very simple and easy to understand and the best part is that it is free! I believe there is a donate version too if you'd like to contribute.

I know of at least one other but I used it while it was in beta and didn't like it too much. Search for "HDMI" on the Market and see what results you get. They will be pretty self-explanatory and they should work for yours considering that the Evo is about the only phone available at the moment that has HDMI capabilities.

9. karrar55

karrar55 Member

I just flashed elite 3 and neterachy kernal so can use the hdmiwin app but still no luck...only thing that happens is a black screen. What am I doing wrong...help would be appreciated thanks

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

did you try any of the suggestions that redheadtarn made? check out his post: http://androidforums.com/3120560-post30.html. i could never really get hdmi out working very well myself that i gave up. no real need for me.

11. karrar55

karrar55 Member

ill try that when i get home... thanks guys!!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews