• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HDMi output??? Useless??

Hi All, pleased with TF300, but bitterly sorry that TF300T does not seem to allow watching output from HDMi micro out to Large LED TVs.

I tried several leads and TV`s without success, then googled and it seems its very common. It seems ridiculous that ASUS can sell a product that does not do what it says on the tin!??

Does anyone out there have an answer???

SAD OZZ:thinking::rolleyes:

Thanks Guys for the quick and positive response. I will try another tv tomoz and report my findings

( yes I did know how to set up tv!) I did not get any indications on tablet on notification bar.

Thanks again, will let you know

OZZ

Good luck. I hope you get it working because it's a nice feature to have. :D

Reactions: ozzie11
Upvote 0
Please, always report spam when you see it. Tap the little red triangle at the bottom left of the post containing the content in question if you think you need to report it.

If you are ever in question, report it and let the mods decide. Thanks

i just reported this one.

It's times like this were i wish i didn't step down from my guide position. Lol

cheers:D

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input folks, but I appear to have a dud tablet. I have tried many leads and various TV`s, nothing at all from HDMi out , so now considering return.

Really need it in March so reluctant to return but.........

OZZ

If you've tried several TVs and can't even get a monitor to recognize it I would definitely send it back. Something is wrong for sure. I've got two LCD TVs and mine works on both.

Good luck, I Hope you get it fixed because the HDMI out is an awesome feature.

Upvote 0
For anyone in the UK who buys from Currys , check everything on your tablet within 4 weeks!! I attempted to obtain a replacement/ refund due to the never has worked HDMi socket, and was promptly put in my place ! After 28 days have elapsed they only send them back to ASUS. And you await there return , up to 28 days they reckon.

I will read the small print on company policies more closely in future, but not Currys I dont think!!:mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Currys are talking rubbish and you should have been more insistent. The Tablet was almost certainly faulty when you purchased it, which was a breach of contract (and the consumer selling regulations) for which THEY, not Asus, are liable.

The law in the UK (and the rest of Europe as well, I think) is that, if any consumer product breaks down within 6 months of being bought, it is automatically assumed to have been faulty when sold, and the onus is on the retailer to prove otherwise.

Upvote 0
Currys are talking rubbish and you should have been more insistent. The Tablet was almost certainly faulty when you purchased it, which was a breach of contract (and the consumer selling regulations) for which THEY, not Asus, are liable.

The law in the UK (and the rest of Europe as well, I think) is that, if any consumer product breaks down within 6 months of being bought, it is automatically assumed to have been faulty when sold, and the onus is on the retailer to prove otherwise.

Much as I would like to agree with you PeterC10, after my first visit to Currys, and did some digging, and found that there options are different after about 28 days. They are still within the SOGact if they offer a repair/ refund even if they admit item is/was faulty. I didnt let them off easily, my argument ( which it turned into) was with management of the branch, and insistence lasted half an hour. Have a glance at this and you will see what I was up against. I purchased end of November, so have had item for over 10 weeks.

What do I do if I have a faulty product? - Which? Consumer Rights

PS. Its their attitude that riles me!!

OZZ

Upvote 0
Well guys. a lesson here . Our tablet went back for HDMi out fault, and came back two weeks later having had USB port replaced??. Took it home, tried the two HDMi connecters I had just bought from Amazon in Feb,---and it did not work!! Took it back to Currys and tried different HDMi lead and it WORKED! Bought another HDMi lead from Ebuyer and it works fine!! Have sent one HDMi lead, and one HDMi micro adapter back under warranty. Both items on Amazon stated correct for this application
, but obviously NOT.

OZZIE

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it is sorted out at last. I bought an HDMI lead from Amazon (Bluerigger) that had the micro-connector at one end so did not need an adapter and worked fine out of the box.

Same here Peter. I bought an iKross 15ft cable with the micro connector and it works flawlessly on all of my tv's.

Here's a link in case anyone wants to look at it.

Amazon.com: iKross 15FT Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable (Black/Red) for Acer Inconia Tab A100, A500, a510, A700, Asus Transformer Prime TF201, TF700T, TF300, Padfone and Other Tablet: Electronics

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones