1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support HDMI to composite?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robby1986, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Robby1986

Robby1986 New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I wanted to hook my new droid x up to my AAXA projector but I can’t find just a composite/ hdmi cable. All I’m finding is big boxes. I need a cable. So does anyone know where to find a composite to hdmi cable adapter for the Droid X? I’m going camping and it’s sounds like a fun idea to project movies inside my tent. I know it’s cheating but it might make “roughing it” a little more fun. lol Here’s my pic of the lonely two waiting for the day they can connect.

[​IMG]

Here’s the blog that got me into the P1 Jr.

Advertisement

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    NJ
    The problem that you are going to have is that HDMI is a digital signal and composite is analog. You need something that will convert the signal, hence the box.

3. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Yeah, hdmi is a protected digital signal, there is no "hdmi to composite cable". You need a powered converter box, and they are not cheap, at least a hundred bucks.

Heres a link to one, well over a hundred bucks:

HDMI to Composite or S-Video Scaler

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Kind of like saying you want a hose that will convert water running in to ice coming out... and you don't want this big ol' freezer unit in there, just the hose ;)

Kind of a rare commodity that you're looking for, AND it requires a good digital to analog converter, so the price is going to be pretty high.

5. TheFez

TheFez New Member

Apr 20, 2011