1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support hdmi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hood4u, May 31, 2011.

1. hood4u

hood4u Newbie
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    i know that the galaxy s should support tv-out but, i had a couple questions. i download missed tv shows and movies to my pc then stream them wirelessly to my tv through my wii currently. unfortunately the wii does not have enough processing power to produce hd resolution video. since the galaxy is able to display hd video i am assuming that i can use a cable to display the video on my hdtv. i have seen a cable that claims it can do this through the micro-sd port. the cable is expensive and i can't find any cheaper alternatives except for a much cheaper cable that connects through the headphone jack to the rca cables. has anyone used either of these cables? how much better is the hdmi cable? my other question is would it be possible to just get a generic cable that is micro-sd to hdmi? is the port on the phone micro-sd or mini-hdmi?

Advertisement

2. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    I got a cheap headphone jack cable thngie .. the picture disappears sometimes , but that may be due to the cheap cable
    also as far as I know , galaxy S can play 720p but not 1080p

3. alscott

alscott Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    I use an old nokia N95 headphone to RCA cable that I had to connect to my TV. This works fine

4. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    headphone socket wont do hd I dont think
    I am fairly sure the Usb to hdmi was never implemented.
    Are you looking for PAL or ntsc?

5. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2010
  6. seepage

seepage Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    I am sure it is available for a lot of phones, but this is the galaxy s forum.

7. wunay

wunay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Staffordshire, UK
    I have a Nokia CA-75U cable that I use to play videos from my Galaxy onto my TV and it works fine. I obtained this cable on advice from the forums as others also with the Galaxy have used it successfully.

8. hood4u

hood4u Newbie
    None

Apr 1, 2011

how does the picture look? are you using an hd tv to view video from the phone?

9. wunay

wunay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Staffordshire, UK
    The TV used is HD and gives excellent TV colour etc. The colours when played from the Galaxy direct to the TV do not have the same vibrant colours as the TV and I had to modify the TV picture settings to give a better picture.

10. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I have the Nokia CA-75U cable which came with my Nokia 5800XM.
    I've used it briefly with the SGS but have to say the picture quality wasn't very good, compared to viewing the same video using my Nokia N8 via it's HDMI output. It's a shame the SGS doesn't have a HDMI output as that is a killer feature for any phone these days. The SGS does have DLNA which allows streaming of HD video wirelessly to a DLNA compatible TV.

Ray

11. Jason.flowers

Jason.flowers Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Tmobile in Irving, Tx sold me a mhl micro usb/HDMI adapter and nine foot HDMI cable for my Samsung Galaxy S. I spent hours, and no I am not a smart man, but all day with a Samsung Television with 4 Hdmi ports. I tried them all and made sure the right plugin matched the right hdmi choice in menu. Nothing. I don't know what to say because tmobile only sells Galaxy S , not s 2. I really need you guys out there, I talked to so many different people from different companies and they all seemed to not know about this. Help please , Jason

12. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    Jason, the adapter you were sold does not work with the SGS. It is for the SGS 2. You should therefore take it back to the shop and get a refund.

All the best.

Ray

13. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    India
    Just like the above person said Galaxy S DOES NOT support video out via micro USB so no converter would work with it. You should go back to the store and get a refund.