• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Head phone jack broken

brute347

Jan 7, 2011
So I've noticed that for the past 3 weeks my phones headphone jack has been acting weirs. Everytime the headphones cable moves it loses sound and I have to keep hitting play in order to get the music back.
I've tried 3 diff pairs of head phones and 2 different aux cables and they all do it so im sure it's the phone...

Any one have an idea on how to fix?

I had the exact same problem back on my OG Droid. Some rep will plug their own headphones in and see of they can verify your problem. If they can, I see no reason they won't swap it; I got refurbs all the time on my old Palm Treo for that problem too. Be advised that your refurb may come with Gingerbread though.

Upvote 0
If they try to gve me a different unit, and I am offered the droid x 2 as my only option- should I take it?
I keep reading posts where people seem to not want to take a droid 2, why is that????
Is it not a good phone???
Im really curious about that, its the only thing holding me back from calling them asap. I cannot live with out my headphone jack, my phone is y ipod and car stereo and I MUST have it...

Upvote 0
The posts ice read here is what has me doubting.
I've read that there's no support for it from the developers
That you can't root it
Can't put roms
Can't sbf
That the battery life is no good etc etc

I've read that people send their droid x's in and they are given a dx2 because they don't stock droid x's anymore...

:/ I dunno... I've read about the phone and it sounds like there isn't much of a difference besides dual processors and other small changes

Upvote 0
Well that's why I was asking this community about the dx2.

Why does it seem like its not well liled

Is it rootable
Can you sbf it
Can you install roms
Is the battery horrible
There's no camera button on it either!!!
I just don't want to end up withthat phone and feel like I got screwed into a phone that can't be played with :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones