1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Headphone buttons don't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paqman, Feb 4, 2011.

1. paqman

paqman Newbie

I can't find many people with this problem. Anyone else notice that the buttons on the stock headphones don't work? The call answer button will answer calls, but the music fucntions don't work unless the phone is unlocked. What's the point of having controls on the headphones if you have to unlock the phone to use them?

Has anyone found a way around this?

On a related note, I'm looking to replace the stock earbuds anyway, I'm looking at these Jbuds J3M's. Has anyone tried these with the MT4G? I've read that the MT4G has issues working with some aftermarked ear buds. I don't need a review on the sound quality, but just if they function properly with this phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LunchBB

LunchBB Android Enthusiast

I asked the same question too. Someone mentioned the app PowerAmp will work. I haven't tried it out yet .

3. paqman

paqman Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I just tried using PowerAmp. Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all, even when the phone is unlocked, lol.

4. behold_this

behold_this Android Expert

Check the thread about using mt4g as mp3 player. There are many suggestions for this very issue. Btw use "cubed" player buttons work locked or unlocked

5. paqman

paqman Newbie

Thanks, I saw that thread, and I have tried "cubed", which didn't work. It behaves just like the stock player. Only works when the phone is unlocked. But I'll look more through that thread.

6. LunchBB

LunchBB Android Enthusiast

I found the solution.

You have to go through all other media programs installed to turn off the option to control the headphone buttons. I have MediaFly installed. After I turned off the headset control in the settings, Meridian works. Now I put powerAmp back in, it works too.

7. drbeamer

drbeamer Lurker

What are "other media programs"? I have no 3rd party MP3 players installed, and yet buttons don't work when phone is locked.