• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone issues...

Terrabytez

Lurker
Nov 4, 2014
UK
Had my S3 for around a year and everything has been working fine. Until the other day.... I got on the bus to go to school and my Samsung earphones don't sound right. They don't pick up the vocals and a lot of the sounds are gone and i'm left with a tinny sound of the odd note here and there. I tried it with my PC headphones, same issue. Some slightly broken SoundMagic PL11's, same issue. However, I tried it with my guitar amp, mom's JVC earphones and the auxiliary feature in my car and they work...
Today my JVC earphones arrive and I have the exact same problem as before..
I have looked inside the jack and removed a huge bit of fluff and no luck.

Will I need to get a new jack/speaker unit or what shall I do because I can't send it back as I need my phone every day....

Hmmm, whilst it may be an issue with the headphone jack, you can try one more thing.
Go to your menu/settings/manage applications/all and scroll to your stock music player and clear the cache and data. (sorry for the late reply by the way...I'm at work:) )
But, doing so will wipe your settings for it....which sometimes is no big deal. Is your music stored on the internal or external sd?

Upvote 0
All music is stored on a SD card
And no worries, I appreciate the help :)

ok, well either internal or external, do you have a backup of the music? (I really don't think you will lose it with what I suggested above, I really don't, but just in case, back up your music, then try my suggestion) :)

Edit: perhaps try some "air in a can" and blow out the jack?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones