• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone jack help?

My headphones work fine, its the plugin that's the problem. I have to push my headphones forward (the plug in part) just so then they can work. If I let go, POOF, no more headphones even though they are still plugged in. I checked inside the headphone jack, and there is no dust, dirt, none of that. Can anyone help?

Definitely requires professional repair. There is a clip inside the jack that the headphone uses for a connection and it is bent out of shape. Happened to me in the early 2000's and cost $99 to repair at PocketPCTechs. Seeing as there aren't anymore Pocket PCs being produced they may have changed the company name. PocketPCTechs no longer has a web presence but I'm sure there has to be an Android equivalent out there somewhere.

Reactions: jerrbear72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones